Wiley's Juices is your Source for Home-Winemaking Juices
We hope that this letter finds you and yours all healthy and well during these unprecedented times. Luckily, while it feels like the world has come to a halt in many ways, the grapes live in a blissful ignorance of this and they continue to grow and flourish. This means that we are able to continue to get ready for the harvest season and we are still on track as usual to offer our amazing Concord & Wiley White juices. We will continue to offer both of these varieties as a no sugar added juice as an option for consumption as is, or with added sugar for our home winemaking customers.
As always, the Concord grape juice (pasteurized with no sugar or preservatives added) is absolutely delicious and keeps very well in the freezer, by canning or being made into jelly. The sugared variety is a favourite as a nice sweet wine. The Wiley White juice is great as a winemaker, it is an old style and is best for off-dry to sweet wines. Customers rave about enjoying the juice with their families. Please note that the Wiley White juice does have some preservatives (sulphites) added to help with short-term preservation. Nearly every year we sell out of these two varieties of juice and with the heat and lack of rain so far this season we expect this year will be no exception. Therefore, we strongly recommend ordering this juice in advance if you are planning to purchase 20L or more!
In order to prepare for the new regulations regarding social distancing keeping you and our staff safe, our pick up process will be changed slightly.
Please note the following changes:
- When we call you to let you know when your juice is available, we will provide you with options for pick up dates and times in order to ensure that we can serve you when we have enough staff and safety protocols in place.
- Please remain in your vehicle upon arrival if there are other customers being served. We will do our best to approach you to check-in in a timely manner.
- We will be bringing the juice to your vehicle and we ask that you do not enter our building. Once we bring the juice to your car, if you would like to load it in your vehicle, please allow our staff to give you space to do so first.
- We will NOT be allowing you to pour over to your own containers and give the pails back during the pick up visit. Pails will need to be rinsed by you at home and returned on another visit or next year. Please keep in mind that there is a $6.00 deposit fee on each pail. This is 100% refundable when a pail is returned, with the lid, in a clean and undamaged condition. If you are returning pails, you will be directed to drop them at a specific location upon your arrival.
- Feel free to wear masks and bring your own sanitizer as we cannot guarantee personal protective equipment for our customers.
Please place your order, along with your 25% deposit, before Sept. 1, 2020 to help us plan quantities and guarantee your order. Orders will be accepted after this date, but cannot always be guaranteed, so be sure not to miss out! Deposits can be made by cash or cheque, as well as by Interac e-transfers. Please note that if you do not receive a confirmation email back within a week of your order to please resend your order as it must not have been received.
Once the juice is ready for pick up, we will be open Saturdays 9am-5pm and Sundays 12pm-3pm. As of now, we estimate that we will be open in early October, but if you place an order we will call you when your order is ready. Otherwise feel free to check out our Facebook page for updates or if you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to call.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will see you soon!